Home > Government Program > Scholarship-GKS/TaLK/EPIC/KHS
Korean Honor Scholarship(KHS)
The Scholarship was first established in 1981 with the gift fund of one million US dollars donated by the government of the Republic of Korea to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the opening of diplomatic relations between Korea and the U. S. A. The scholarship is awarded to encourage outstanding students who have Korean heritage to achieve their highest academic performance and develop leadership qualities for their future professional careers in the global society.
The Korean Honor Scholarship Committee has awarded 3,272 scholarships to outstanding Korean and Korean American students over the past 40 years. To be eligible for consideration, applicants must be attending college or university at least both 2021 fall and 2022 spring semesters in the U. S. A. and must have an overall grade average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 basis. In addition to the academic achievement, an essay, a letter of recommendation, awards, honors, performances, and extracurricular activities are reviewed for selection. Approximately 27 scholarships in undergraduate and graduate level are awarded in the U. S. every year. The official announcement will be made in early April through the homepage.
English Program in Korea (EPIK)
EPIK was established in 1995 and is affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education. Since its inception, EPIK has had the goals of improving the English-speaking abilities of Korean students and teachers, developing cultural exchange between Korea and abroad, and of introducing new teaching methods into the Korean education system.
To help accomplish these goals, EPIK invites responsible, enthusiastic native English speakers with a motivation to share their knowledge and language with Korean students and teachers within the Korean public school system throughout the country.
We hope that EPIK will help foster and encourage open-minded Korean individuals who will be able to take advantage of all the things this new age of information and globalization has to offer while promoting cultural exchange and building strong ties between Korea and other countries.
Take the opportunity and join us by applying to the EPIK Program. You’ll get a great start in a teaching career all while making a difference and experiencing Korean culture. email@example.com
Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees (GKS-G)
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS-G) for Graduate Degree is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher education institutions in Korea for undergraduate and graduate studies, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Master’s Degree- 1 year Language Courses + 2-year Degree Courses
Doctoral Degree 1 year Language Courses + 3-year Degree Courses
Prospective applicants must meet the following qualification criteria;
- Applicants and their parents must be citizens of the participating countries listed in the application guideline of the inviting year.
Applicants and their parents must be citizens of the participating countries listed in the application guideline of the inviting year.
- Applicants must be under the age of 25 as of March 1st of the inviting year.
- Applicants should have graduated or will be scheduled to graduate from high school as of March 1st of the inviting year.
* Applicants who have graduated high school in Korea are not eligible to apply for the program. (Exception: Overseas Korean Adoptees and GKS scholars)
- (Bachelor’s degree program) The overall G.P.A during high school must be equivalent to or higher than 80 out 100 percentile.
(Associate degree program) The overall G.P.A during high school must be equivalent to or higher than 75 out 100 percentile.
■ Scholarship Benefits
- Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 1,000,000 KRW per month Research Allowance: 210,000 KRW for scholars in the field of humanities and social sciences; 240,000 KRW for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences
- Settlement Allowance:200,000 KRW upon arrival
- Language Training Fee: Full coverage
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university)
The tuition is covered by NIIED and the university.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: Reimbursement of 500,000 ~ 800,000 KRW depending on actual costs
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month (limited coverage)
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month for scholars with TOPIK Level 5 or 6
The official announcement will be made in mid-February and closed the submission in early March every year through www.studyinkorea.go.kr- GKS.